16 Ocak 2011 Pazar

Maestro Hits an Arabesque Nerve

(Hürriyet Newspaper, 15 January 2011)

Orchestra leader Gürer Aykal had an operation on his left hand
last week and then had trouble waking up because of the effects
of the anesthesia. So his doctor played one of 'arabesque' singer
Hakkı Bulut's songs in order to shock Aykal into consciousness.
Afterwards, Aykal was quoted as having said that 'hearing such
music shocked  me back to life even though I was in a half-dead
state.'  Referring to this quote from Aykal, Bulut declared that 'if
that fellow likes my music and listening to it made him feel better
then there's nothing I can say. But if he's saying that when he listened
to my music he was terrified then he's disrespecting me and those
who love 'arabesque' music. In that case, I'll take every opportunity,
especially on television, to castigate him in public. If he's making fun
of us then he'll get what's coming to him from us. I'm an artist who
speaks for millions of people and I'm proud that I make 'arabesque'
music.'

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder